Sunday, January 27, 2013

2013

It has been a exciting start to 2013!  I must say that I'm looking forward to this year more than I have any other year.  I have a good work week selling car auctions, a busy spring and fall selling cattle auctions, as well as a improving Angus herd.

Along with all of this Rachel is busy as the Online and Social Media Manager for Cowgirl Clad Co.  I am very proud of her and the success that she is having.  I will say that she is excellent at what she does and takes great pride in her work.  If any of you get a chance to visit there, the website is www.cowgirlclad.com.

The car auctions become more and more fun the longer I work them.  I enjoy each week working with true professionals in the auction business.  It is fun selling salvage cars at Total Resource Auctions, as well as the whole car sales for Manheim and 166 Auto Auction.

With the high demand for quality cattle this should be a fun year of selling cattle.  This will be the busiest year I have had selling cattle sales.  With the expansion of DNA and improved EPD's, I believe that the bull market will be outstanding.

Our Angus herd is improving and we are now running 60 mother cows.  This past fall we purchased a bull from 74-51 Cattle Co. in OK.  He is a 2011 son of BC Lookout by a EXAR Sudden Impact dam.  We are extremely excited about the upcoming progeny from this exciting herd sire.  We have a good show string developing for the summer and fall shows.  I would encourage you to stop by and see us at the spring sales and summer shows.

As I look at the year to come and the goals that Rachel and I set it is fun to look at the future and work towards our goals.

If you haven't followed me on twitter, I'm @colclint, and facebook www.facebook.com/colclint!

No comments:

Post a Comment